Monday, June 9, 2008

Sneaky Snake



Hi All,
Well, I can go home now.  (Not really).  Today I experienced something that I had heard about but never thought I'd see.  Babs has been in the fetal position for about 5 hrs. now because she experienced it also.  The director was screaming (oops.  no, directors don't scream).  She was asking Tarry and I "what is it with men and their cameras, get away from that snake."

Tarry, our next door neighbor was asked by his cleaning girl who washes his car when she has time, to move his pickup out in the driveway and she would wash it.  Tarry goes outside and gets in the pickup, looks up, and a Cobra is wrapped around the antenna striking at him through the windshield.  He then phones me from inside his pickup...like what am I going to do, except get my camera?  It was a feisty little guy, about 12" long.  Whenever we got close to him, he would rear up and make these lunging moves toward us.

We, being in our shorts and tee shirts (not the official Rafiki snake gear) decided to call the paid guards to come and dispatch the snake.  They were not all that keen on messing with it either.  Matter of fact, if the women would not have been out there by then, I think they may have turned and walked.  They got a stick and put and end to the excitement.

As this was all unfolding, SanJay (the house cleaner) and Babs were huddled together 50-60 yards away consoling each other.  Some women just don't like snakes...it doesn't matter what color their skin is.

See ya later,
Dave