Monday, November 8, 2010

Count Your Blessings




Thursday, November 4, was Liberia's Thanksgiving Day. We had a simple Thanksgiving service with the Mothers and the children, and then we headed to the ocean.

Here are some of the things I am thankful for:

I am thankful for a cloudy, almost-cool day.
I am thankful for a fun, safe time at the beach this morning with all the kids and mamas.
I am thankful that Manny saw his first kite flying and was almost overcome with excitement.
I am thankful that Isaac actually got a kite up in the air for a few minutes.
I am thankful that A.J. did too.
I am thankful for the sweet spirit of children who shared toys and played together.
I am thankful for Faith's laughter, as we jostled our way home on bumpy roads.
I am thankful that Dave can fix almost anything (this I was thinking as we were bouncing over those roads!).
I am thankful for eyes to see the thunderclouds billowing over the ocean; to see glowing sunsets and green palm trees.
I am thankful for ears to hear the birds calling, the frogs croaking, the crickets "cricking", and the children singing.
I am thankful for internet connection in order to be able to communicate with folks I love back home.
I am thankful for a dry bed, for a cozy house, for shoes, and for plenty of food.
I am thankful that I can read.
I am thankful that I own a Bible.
I am thankful for good hymns that tell of God's faithfulness to His people.
I am so very thankful that I am one of His people.

Wishing you days full of thanksgiving this November.

Babs